- Made of 100% mulberry silk, handcrafted and fairly traded from Vietnam
- 25 Momme silk is one of smoothest, creamiest, and shiniest type of silk.
- Comfortable sleep at home, used while traveling, at hostel, at friends’ home,
- Smooth & Luxurious
- Hidden zipper closure on the edge (both faces can be used)
- Size: +/- 20 x 30 inches (50 x 75 cm)
- Weight +/- 85g for 1 pillowcase
Benefits of Silk
- Natural silk is the strongest natural fiber. It contains natural proteins and 18 essential amino acids, known to reduce the signs of aging. It also contains natural cellular albumen which speeds up the metabolism of skin cells, thus delaying the aging process.
- Natural silk is a breathable fabric. It is a natural temperature regulator, helping the body retain heat in cold weather and excess heat is expelled in warm weather. Therefore your body maintains a natural, comfortable temperature.
- Silk is hypoallergenic; it does not attract dust mites and is a natural fungal repellent and can therefore help alleviate asthma and other allergies.
- Silk has an extremely smooth and soft texture which proves to be beneficial for those with sensitive skin conditions (e.g. Eczema).
- Mulberry Silk does not conduct much static electricity so the use of silk pillowcases reduces hair breakage and thinning of hair, whilst helping the hair to maintain proper moisture balance.
- As silk is hypoallergenic it helps limit a child/baby’s exposure to allergens, therefore leading to a restful sleep.
- It is inhospitable to dust mites and naturally fire retardant.
- As silk is so soft and smooth, sleeping on a silk cot sheet can help limit the bald patch that develops on the back of a baby’s head, a common occurrence with cotton sheets.
- Amino acids, found in 100% natural silk, are known to aid the central nervous system and evoke calmness. This encourages a peaceful, restful sleep.
- Fill your bowl with low heat water (30°C),
- Add a little mild detergent then put your silk item inside the buck, Move the clothes around the bowl gently to help the cleaning process but never rub, boil or soak your silk clothes as this could damage the fibers,
- Once cleaned, remove your items from the buck,
- Rinse each piece of clothing separately in cold water until all detergent residue is removed,
- Squeeze excess water from the silk items gently and leave them to dry naturally – do not wring them out.
When washing silk in the machine, remember to:
- Choose a low heat setting (30°C) and a gentle wash cycle, Only wash silk items with similar colors to help avoid color run,
- Use a mild detergent designed for delicate fabrics,
- Place delicate items inside a laundry bag to protect them whilst in the washing machine drum,
- Avoid direct sunlight