- Made of 100% mulberry silk, handcrafted and fairly traded from Vietnam
- Affordable pure silk pillowcases made from a LIGHT & THIN silk fabric (thicker models also available in our store)
- Comfortable sleep at home, used while traveling, at hostel, at friends’ home,
- Smooth & Luxurious
- Envelope style opening
- Dry clean or hand wash (cold water: 30 C), cool iron, gentle stain treatment, avoid perfume or deodorant, no bleach, no wring dry, use mild silk detergent.
- Size: +/- 20 x 30 inches (50 x 75 cm)
- Weight +/- 35g for 1 pillowcase (THIS LISTING IS FOR A PAIR)
Benefits of Silk
- Natural silk is the strongest natural fiber. It contains natural proteins and 18 essential amino acids, known to reduce the signs of aging. It also contains natural cellular albumen which speeds up the metabolism of skin cells, thus delaying the aging process.
- Natural silk is a breathable fabric. It is a natural temperature regulator, helping the body retain heat in cold weather and excess heat is expelled in warm weather. Therefore your body maintains a natural, comfortable temperature.
- Silk is hypoallergenic; it does not attract dust mites and is a natural fungal repellent and can therefore help alleviate asthma and other allergies.
- Silk has an extremely smooth and soft texture which proves to be beneficial for those with sensitive skin conditions (e.g. Eczema).
- Mulberry Silk does not conduct much static electricity so the use of silk pillowcases reduces hair breakage and thinning of hair, whilst helping the hair to maintain proper moisture balance.
- As silk is hypoallergenic it helps limit a child/baby’s exposure to allergens, therefore leading to a restful sleep.
- It is inhospitable to dust mites and naturally fire retardant.
- As silk is so soft and smooth, sleeping on a silk cot sheet can help limit the bald patch that develops on the back of a baby’s head, a common occurrence with cotton sheets.
- Amino acids, found in 100% natural silk, are known to aid the central nervous system and evoke calmness. This encourages a peaceful, restful sleep.